Careers at Wadebridge School
Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance forms an important part of the curriculum at Wadebridge School.
Wadebridge School recognises the importance of delivering a Careers provision that prepares students for the ever changing demands from the world of work. All students will experience Careers Education through all aspects of our school curriculum that focus upon developing key skills required for any career or job.
Careers Lead - Mr Steve Simmonds - (Assistant Headteacher) - email@example.com
Independent Careers Advisor - Ms Sue Wilmott (CrossRoads Careers Services) - SWillmott@wadebridge.cornwall.sch.uk
Careers Team - Ms Scholey (Maths), Miss Bassett (EPR), Mrs Richards (Science) and Miss Burrell (DT)
Enterprise Coordinator - Lucy Wooldridge
Enterprise Adviser - Jack Shepherd (Matthew Edward Engineering Ltd)
Careers Policies / Structure
- know what their post-16 choices are;
- know where to look for information and ideas;
- know how to get additional support;
- feel confident about the next steps;
- leave Wadebridge School with a secure place at college or with an employer providing accredited training.
We are proud to have been recently awarded Super User status by Career Pilot. Please click on the image above to visit the Career Pilot site.
The following links aim to support staff, students and their parents/carer with relevant information to support the delivery of CIAG and decisions on appropriate pathways at post 16.
- They should ask their tutors as a first point of reference.
- They will also have frequent opportunities to seek support from senior members of staff within school.
- They can request a meeting with our independent careers adviser.