Thank you for showing an interest in job opportunities at Wadebridge School.
We are currently seeking to appoint:
The school is committed to safeguarding children and all successful applicants will be required to complete pre-employment checks and provide an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Headteacher for September 2024
At Wadebridge we try to balance an unwavering focus on progress and achievement for all, with working tirelessly to support our young people in every aspect of their lives; standing alongside them to build the skills and strategies needed in order to remove barriers to their learning and/or social and emotional development. As a school we are committed to promoting the health and wellbeing of everyone in our school community and this starts with our staff: health and wellbeing is the number one priority on all our school improvement and professional growth plans. In 2020 our work in this area was recognised by Carnegie Centre of Excellence for Mental Health in Schools when we were achieved a Gold Award (the full report can be accessed here).
Some of the strategies we have implemented include:-
- Over 90% of colleagues at all levels have completed a two-day training programme with MHFA England to be certificated as Mental Health First Aiders
- The school subscribes to Education Support's Employee Assistance Programme which offers all staff free advice on a range of matters, coaching for managers and provides access to support for issues arising at home or in work
- A dedicated team of Health Champions focusing on strategies to promote positive staff wellbeing which include Adult Mental Health First Aiders
- Fully paid wellbeing time built into the school calendar each half term
To apply for a position - please complete the relevant application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Headteacher
Closing Date: Wednesday 10th January 2024 (midnight)
Interviews: Wednesday 31st January & Thursday 1st February 2024
Start date: 1st September 2024